You love having a deck area at your home, but time and the weather have started to take their toll on its appearance. You want your home to look great, but you may not want to invest in the construction of a new deck. So, what are your options?
Royal Deck is a leading provider of deck resurfacing in the Chicagoland area. Our experienced deck builders can evaluate your current structure to determine if the foundation and framing are up to building code standards, We may recommend deck resurfacing.
Using composite wood materials or pressure-treated wood, Royal Deck can remove the old deck surface and refresh your deck system with a new surface.
5 Step Process for Resurfacing Decks
We use the following five-step process when resurfacing any deck.
1. A thorough inspection of the frame, substructure, joists, and overall conditions of the materials used for the frame to ensure that they are safe and sound. Any repairs that may be necessary are noted during the inspection.
2. Building permits are obtained, and the old surface decking is removed. We will remove old materials from the property at this time so that the work area always remains safe.
3. If any repairs are necessary on the frame or subframe structures, these will be completed at this time. Royal Deck will recheck the structure to ensure that the integrity is sound and that it meets all building codes and regulations.
4. The new decking will be installed, followed by all railings. Once the installation has been completed, the crew will verify that all installation has been completed and is in compliance with building codes and regulations.
5. Clean construction area. It is very important to us that we leave your property cleaned and ready to use when we have finished our deck construction.
Resurfacing your deck is a cost-effective way to enhance your deck area without having to rebuild from scratch Royal Deck is pleased to offer this service in addition to building new decks.
Do You Need To Resurface or Replace Your Deck?
If you are not sure if you need to resurface or replace your deck entirely, you are encouraged to call and speak with one of our friendly representatives. We can schedule an inspection of your current deck. This will provide you with the information needed to decide on resurfacing or replacing.
If we find that your deck's main structure is in need of extensive repair or upgrades to be code compliant, it may be beneficial for you to replace your deck. If the repairs are minor, or none are necessary, resurfacing becomes the right choice.
An inspection of your decking by our team, who is knowledgeable about the deck building industry and local building codes will provide you with all of the information you need to make an informed decision about resurfacing or replacing your outdoor deck area.
Call the Royal Deck experts today if you have any questions about resurfacing or replacing your deck.